Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Staff Meetings & Event Planning

Yesterday we had our weekly staff meeting. In addition to the normal stuff, we were planning this years Easter Egg Drop event. It is beginning to dawn on my why people hire event planners and party planners. I used to think that was code for "un-employed". I am learning however that event planning is a lot of work! Mostly, hours on the phone trying to track down stuff and making sure it is available for the day it is needed. Micro-hitches come up. Just an example, we have the venue, but found out that while there are power outlets, there isn't nearly enough power to run all the inflatable rides! So, tracking down generators begins. (If you live in the Easley, SC and have a big generator, feel free to contact me and let me know that you would love to let us use it for a day!) All in all, it has been a rewarding experience, and I am sure that when it is done, it will have impacted people in our city with the Love of the Lord in a very tangible way that they will be able to remember when they hit a point in their lives that they realize their need for God.
The staff meeting went wonderfully, and the great part was realizing that I am not having to do this alone! Having a great team to work with on staff and with the volunteers, it will all get done and we will have an exciting day!
PS. Thanks to all you volunteers who are helping out! We couldn't do it without you!

2 comments:

Casper said...

Still think a good name for it would be ...
Easley's Egg-Stravaganza :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Casper, I agree...but I think the name Egg Drop is in...kinda like the soup.