Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Riding with God.

This morning, I rode the motorcycle to work. One of the benefits of doing so that is different from all the normal ones you hear about is that there is no stereo. Yes, I realize that some higher end bikes have systems in them, but mine is a cheap 500 Kawasaki Ninja with no frills. So why is a lack of stereo a benefit? It gives me some great time to pray! God and I can talk uninterruptedly through my commute to work! It is great! Yes, I know I can just turn the radio off in my truck and do the same thing, but there is something about riding a motorcycle that just puts you in the mood to pray. From what I hear, bike riding atheists even pray from time to time. There were no near death experiences, it was just a beautiful ride down the country lanes I commute on. Somehow, God's creation seemed even more beautiful from the bike seat vantage point. It just seemed natural to talk with Him and thank Him for all that He does in my life and all that He is! God is awesome and He makes a great riding buddy! Next time you are out for a ride, try riding with God. (And if you don't have a motorcycle, I am sorry, but you might just have to make do with turning off the radio in your car or truck.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the therapeutic nature of bike riding alone is calming, peaceful, Godly... of course it puts you in a serene prayerful mood... it's therapy... you are blessed!

Michael said...

Ya know, that sounds like a great idea... thanks!!

Michael C. said...

Burl...I always am uplifted when I check out your blog....need to do it more often. I just wanted you to know that I am honored to be in your church family...and your friend! I don't ride a bike, but I know what it's like to roll down all the windows and talk to God as I drive down the road!!! Totally awesome! You're a real blessing, Brother.....