Monday, April 20, 2009

Math isn't my strong point...

To start with, I will admit that math isn't my strong suit. I read today that President Obama has promised to cut 100 Million Dollars from the budget. That sounds like a good thing, and it is! I want to commend him for cutting the budget at all if he indeed does so. However, that is cutting $100,000,000.00 out of 3,550,000,000,000.00. If we remove all the zeros to bring that down to size, that is a cut of $1.00 for every $35,550.00 currently in the spending plan that some refer to as a budget. That is sort of like my getting national media attention for cutting $1.00 from my annual salary. No offense to the president, but saying that his porposal "likely will be criticized by Obama's opponents as inadequate" doesn't change the fact that in national budget size numbers, a hundred million is pocket change; it isn't even decent walking around money. I know most of you don't read my blog for political reasons, and for that I appologize. Just read that article and it made me think for a second about our government. Have an awesome day! Remember, an economic crash only affects the living!

No comments: