Friday, February 13, 2009

Something Different

Ok, so normally my blog stays clear of politics. Today however, I noticed something odd. For some reason, I read CNN's list of unemployment rates by state from highest to lowest. I saw that Michigan's 9.6% rate is only slightly worse than my home state of South Carolina's 8.4% But then I decided to check something out. The lowest 5 unemployment rate states voted republican in the last election. Meaning, the people who know how to keep jobs and help people stay employed voted against our current president. In contrast, out of the 8 worst states for unemployment, 7 of them voted for Obama. One may have nothing to do with the other, but I thought it was interesting that while we try to figure out this economy problem and find ways to find jobs, we have turned to the man elected by those who quite obviously don't have a clue when it comes to job creation and maintaining an employed citizenry.

No comments: