Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy Sundays

So in your church have you ever had a Sunday that seemed to go well, but behind the scene it was quite hectic? Maybe that is your experience every Sunday in which case I would encourage you to get a little more organized, but for the rest of us, it happens from time to time. This last week, our pastors hunting buddy died, so he flew back home to do the funeral. His son in law did an incredible job of preaching the sermon! The son in law usually works with the children's ministry. As you can see, there was a trickle down affect. I filled in a bit with the children's side and the controlled chaos on that side of the church was wonderful! The kids were learning and it was great to be back over there even if for only one day. You may not think about how much one person affects the church even when that one person is the pastor. What we learn is that the church will go on even if not as smoothly as before, but it also teaches us that each person is important! Have an awesome day! Craziness can be good.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I happened on your blog due to a Google alert I set up. I was just kicked out of Allegheny after spending the first 44 years of my life there. This has been an enlightening experience. I believe there is so much opportunity to reach our world for Christ and read your blog with interest. My email is mwburcaw@gmail.com.
I wish God's best,
Mark

My wife is Nancy