Friday, August 1, 2008

When you don't know what to do next!

When one is in leadership of a church, especially the senior pastor, I am sure you come to points where you think about the future of your church and don’t know what God’s plan is exactly. You seek His leadership, but He hasn’t spoken for whatever reason, or you haven’t heard Him speak. There is a verse that I love- 2 Chronicles 20:12 – “O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.” We can feel like the whole world is against us and not have a clue how God is going to work in the situation, but we can learn from the children of Israel here that when we don’t know what to do, we keep our eyes on God. I like to combine that philosophy with something Mark Twain said, “It isn’t the parts of the bible that I don’t understand that scare me, it is the parts I do understand.” As long as we are walking in what we know to be God’s will and we keep our eyes on Him, He will reveal to us in time what His next step is for us in the ministry. Be encouraged! We serve an awesome God!

No comments: