Saturday, June 6, 2009

Personal shock

Ok, this is one of those posts that has nothing to do with anything you care about...but feel free to read it anyway. A couple days ago, I added a Twitter account.(@burlw) Before doing so, I honestly thought Twittering was stupid. The inspiring reason for me to do so is that my friend Tim and his wife Erica were having a baby girl. I knew that Tim would Twitter as soon as Josie was born, so I added an account and added Tim. Just because I don't mind writing, I did post a few things. The first couple were about Tim's new baby...mundane stuff to the world. This morning I woke up and checked my e-mail like many Americans, yes, I know it is Saturday. Twitter sent me e-mails letting me know the people who had decided to "follow" my twitters. Some are friends, two were some kind of mass marketers who probably hit up every new twitterer they can find, but one really stood out and surprised me! John C. Maxwell the author of many books, one on my computer table at the moment is The Difference Maker. Next to my bed I have a copy of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. That John C. Maxwell was following my twitter. I think I felt a little bit like Steven Furtick getting invited to speak at Catalyst last year. Anyway, I just thought it was really cool. I realize he follows thousands of people, but it isn't everyday that one of my heros decided to want to hear(read) what I have to say. And if by chance you are reading this Dr. Maxwell, Thanks! You made my day!

No comments: